Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday Favourite - Setting Powder


Make that make up stay put for those holiday events with this Friday Favourite

Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder $20.50

What Vichy Says…
Enhances wearability of Dermablend Corrective Foundation and Dermablend Skin Concealer for up to 16 hours of wear. Ensures smudge-resistance, transparent upon application and is fragrance free.

Why I love it…
With the holiday season finally here one of the biggest questions I get asked is “How do I get my make up to last all day and into the evening?” Well the Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder is my trick. After applying my favourite foundation and favourite concealer I set my own as well as my client’s make up with powder. So many people skip this step but this is of up most importance if you want your make up to stay put.

I love this powder for so many reasons; first it does help set the make up and give long lasting results, just like their site says you will get 16+ hours of wearability. Great for weddings and events or those holidays parties after a long day at the office.

It’s one shade for everyone, this is transparent, meaning it goes on white but disappears into the skin. It’s also water resistant and smudge resistant really helping to set your make up for the day & evening.

It’s really finely milled, fragrance free, velvety soft powder, is so light airy it won’t add that weighty feeling to your face.

I’ve compared this to many High Definition powder’s on the market and this one is by far the best.

Tip: Before applying your eyeshadow put some powder onto the puff and dab under the eyes. Then apply your eyeshadow, once complete brush off the remaining powder along with any excess that may have fallen under your eyes. Voila! No raccoon eyes or messy shimmer split under the eyes, it just brushes off with ease. 
This is my model Marsha demonstrating my tip on how we use the powder to avoid excess spillage when applying eye shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment